Mobile (909) 910-7327
office (909) 723-1695
Terrance L. Stone is Founder/President/ CEO of Young Visionaries Youth Leadership Academy and C.E.O. of Stone Consultants, International Gang Expert, Trainer and Speaker has served as a youth counselor and graduated Cal State LA for State Certified Gang Intervention Specialist, serves on Committees with the San Bernardino County Sherriff and San Bernardino City Chief of Police, Executive Board Member and Chair of the San Bernardino Countywide Gangs and Drugs Task Force, Past Board Member of the Southern California African American Chamber of Commerce, and San Bernardino Chapter NAACP, trained with San Bernardino City Police Department on the train the trainer course “Principled Policing” and also chosen by past Mayor of San Bernardino to join his office on the California Cities Gang Prevention Network. He is committed to steering young people away from the life that cost him much of his precious youth.
In essence, Terrance is allowing his life mistakes to help others discover their personal worth and true-life purpose. Stone’s change in heart, spirit and action has resulted in his reaching over 35,000 at risk youth he is now CEO of Young Visionaries Youth Leadership Academy multiple locations in the Inland Empire and growing. Stone’s sincere efforts have resulted in his receiving multiple awards:
- 2018 DVL Icon Award
- 2017 Boy Scouts of America Whitney M. Young Jr. Service Award
- 2016 Dignity Health Community Service Award
- 2015 Community Service Award~
- 2015 Model of Excellence Award~
- 2014 Beacon of Light Award~
- 2014 Shine the Light On Child Abuse Award ~
- 2013 Best of the Best for Inland Empire Business ~
- 2013 Sprit of the Entrepreneur Award Winner for Social Entrepreneur
- 2013~ Inland Empire Unit of National Association of Social Workers Public Citizen of Year Award ~
- 2012 Trail Blazer Award~
- 2012 Senator Man of the Year Award ~
- 2012 Unforgettable Hearts Award ~
- 2011 Gertude Whetzel Award ~
- 2011 Man of Valor~
- 2010 Community Pillar Award for Fairness ~
- 2010 Executive of the Year Award~
- 2010 Time for Change Pioneer Award~
- 2010 San Bernardino County Education Medal of Honor Award~
- 2010 CAHPERD Emmett Ashford Community Spirit Award~
- 2008 Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention Commission San Bernardino County~
- 2008 Unsung Hero Award~
- 2008 Black Rose Award~
- 2008 Social Lites Community Service Award~
- 2007 Amanda Guruge Lifetime Commitment Award~
- 2007 Man of Valor Award Jubilee House of Praise~
- 2007 Molina Healthcare of California Community Champion Award~
- 2007 Peoples Choice Inc “Leaders of Youth Award” Recipient~
- 2006 Excellence Award Recipient~
- 2006 Citizens of Achievement Award Recipient~
- 2006 Youth Outreach Award Recipient~
- 2005 “Inspiration to Youth” Good Samaritan Award Recipient~
- 2005 Social Action Trailblazers Award Recipient
By being steadfast and zealous in a highly competitive and ever changing industry, Young Visionaries works tirelessly to provide effective services for at-risk youth emphasizing and encouraging the use of the 3 Es, Education, Empowerment and Engagement.
Rigid in our focus but flexible in our approach, YVYLA continues to develop new programs where we recognize a need in an effort to leave no youths issues unchecked.
It is through this holistic approach to addressing all of the youths individual needs that we effectively serve the young people of the Inland Empire, the largest and fastest growing region in Southern California; where we are faced with the daily challenge of decreasing the risks of a rising population of disadvantaged, low-income youth by training them in the skills needed to lead mature, responsible, healthy, independent adult lives.
In doing so Young Visionaries not only creates more productive citizens we build better, safer communities.